Evidence points to the many wellness benefits of an active sexual activity life. Sex Made Easy , an article published inwards Men's Health Magazine , gives 10 salubrious reasons to hop into bed -- a reminder that making love is expert for both trunk in addition to soul.
1.Exercise. "Sexual activeness is a sort of physical practise ," according to MD Michael Cirigliano of the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Making love 3 times a calendar week burns only about vii ,500 calories inwards a twelvemonth -- the equivalent of jogging 75 miles.
2.Heavy Breathing. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 nighttime of love tin enhance the total of oxygen inwards cells , helping to buy the farm on organs in addition to tissues performance at their peak.
3. Strong Bones in addition to Muscles. "Any form of physical practise is going to growth testosterone ," states MD Karen Donahey , manager of the Sex in addition to Marital Therapy Program at Chicago's Northwestern University Medical Center. Testosterone is believed to tending buy the farm on men's bones in addition to muscles strong.
4. Lowered Cholesterol. Making love regularly tin lower levels of the body's total cholesterol slightly , piece positively changing the ratio of good-to-bad cholesterol.
5. Pain Relief. Sex tin lower levels of "arthritic hurting , whiplash hurting in addition to headache hurting ," according to MD Beverly Whipple , president-elect of the American Association of Sex Educators , Counselors in addition to Therapists. Hormones that are released during sexual excitement in addition to orgasm tin lift hurting thresholds.
6. DHEA -- Without Supplements. DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) , a pop supplemental hormone , is released naturally during lovemaking. "Just earlier orgasm in addition to ejaculation ," Crenshaw says , "DHEA spikes to levels 3 to v times higher than usual."
7. Prostate Protection. Researchers say prostate problem may arise or endure worsened past times fluid buildup inside the gland. Regular ejaculation volition tending launder out those fluids. Be cautious when all of a abrupt changing frequency -- abrupt changes may likewise trigger prostate problems.
8. Stress Relief. "Sex tin endure a rattling effective agency of reducing stress levels ," Donahey told Men's Health.
9. Love Will Keep Us Together. Crenshaw says affectionate touching volition growth levels of oxytocin -- the "bonding hormone." Oxytocin is a desire-enhancing chemic secreted past times the pituitary. Regular oxytocin unloose may tending encourage frequent lovemaking.
10. Hormones -- Naturally. "Regular lovemaking tin growth a woman's estrogen degree , protect her middle in addition to buy the farm on her vaginal tissues to a greater extent than supple ," states Donahey.
by Deb Donovan
SOURCE: Men's Health (November 1997 , p. 104-108)